Hydro

EAN field is missing error??

Hopefully someone can help as I’m at a complete loss. Basically I’m unable to list anything on eBay at the moment, I’ve got the latest version (6.4.3) of M2E Pro installed but every time I try and list a product I get the error:

The EAN field is missing. Please add EAN to the listing and try again. If you’re using our mobile app, make sure you have version 5.1 or higher.

When I’m listing an item, during the eBay Categories Specifics section, I’ve added a new custom field, details are:

Name: EAN
Mode: Custom Value
Value: Product numerical barcode or Does Not Apply depending which is applicable

But I still get the EAN field error, I’m obviously doing something fundamentally wrong, but I’ve no idea what as I’ve inherited the site so didn’t set the site or M2E Pro initially and all worked fine until a few months back when eBay required product identifiers.

If anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would be massively appreciated as I’ve read through various related articles but still can’t get to the bottom of it, I’m hoping its something simple!

Thanks in advance

Edited by Hydro

It is a common issue and a resolution is very simple. The error is returned because the value of EAN (or other product identifiers) which error description is referring to is to be set up in Description Policy which you use for listing settings. Here the link on documentation as it is the best way  to understand what you should do https://docs.m2epro.com/display/eBayMagentoV6X/Description#Description-eBayCatalogIdentifier

In addition you should not use one and the same Custom Value mode to set a numeric bare-code for item specifics as its value applies to all products that are in the eBay category and all products in the same category can't have the same EAN value. You'd better use a Custom Attribute to configure EAN value.

Once required values are set up I'd recommend you to run List action and not Relist for products that were Listed earlier and may be currently Stopped.

• Like 1

Got the same error coming up... any suggestions ?

The EAN field is missing. Please add EAN to the listing and try again. If you’re using our mobile app, make sure you have version 5.1 or higher.

Ive followed the process in the documentation as suggested in previous post, any help would be appreciated, as running out of ideas of where i am going wrong now.

If you set up all required settings  but the error keeps returning you should double check settings again as most probably something is missing. Make sure that:

- source EAN is provided in description policy

- the corresponding description policy is used for product. You can check it in the listing grid by switching to Settings view mode when you are in a listing grid. 

- the attribute you set as a source of EAN contain the value of EAN in product configurations and this value is valid. Validation of ean you can check on special web sites.

- if you use the attribute with scope Store View or website make sure that attribute field has value for all store views by switching store view in product configurations

And at the end make sure you use List action and not Relist. Relist action may apply to previously configured settings.

Hello!
Help!

All products in my Magento have a global attribute with an EAN. How can I use it in the eBay listing? I can not see "Use custom attribute" when setting the EAN in eBay Catalog Identifiers...

ebay-ean.png

Just found the key for the cave in the knowledgebase - "Please note, only attributes which are presented in all attribute sets are shown in the dropdown."