funkygrrl

Unable to get token in new ebay Seller Hub

Your directions say to go to Sell On eBay > Configuration > eBay Account >General TAB, click on the Get Token Button.

But Sell on Ebay no longer exists since Ebay implemented the new seller hub.  Your directions date from about 2014.

ebaysellerhub.JPG

ebayselleraccount.JPG

ebaysellerdashboard.JPG

Not sure what you mean by "it works now".  It isn't that it is working or not working. It's that the path to get to it has changed and I don't know what the new path is.

Your directions say to go to Sell On eBay > Configuration > eBay Account >General TAB, click on the Get Token Button.

But Sell on Ebay no longer exists since Ebay implemented the new seller hub

More about the new seller hub here: https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebays-seller-hub-now-live-for-all-u-s-sellers/

You need to familiarize yourself with the new seller hub as it's here to stay.

You are following wrong steps!

Here "Sell on ebay" means that you should navigate on 'Sell on ebay' option which is available in the magento tool bar once you install M2E Pro extension. Do not go on your eBay account directly ))))). It looks like http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d964anz03

When you navigate this option here will be a list of menu where you will see Configuration. Click it. You will be redirected to the new page with tabs. Among all the tabs choose Accounts tab. You will reach the page with a grid of ebay account or accounts if you use several. Navigate on a line of needed account and just click it. You will enter account settings.  In the general tab you should see a Get Token Button. Press it to proceed.

I'm following the directions correctly, but I still can't get my token. When I click "get token," it takes me to the eBay page asking if I want to grant M2E permission. I click agree, then it redirects to my own website. It doesn't seem to actually create the token or give me anything I can work with.

I'm still seeing this error message: The token for "parkavenueyarns" eBay Account has been expired. Please, go to Sell On eBay > Configuration > eBay Account >General TAB, click on the Get Token Button.(You will be redirected to the eBay website.) Sign-in and press I Agree on eBay Page.Do not forget to press Save Button after returning back to Magento." 

Of course my browser had already navigated away from the admin panel because when I clicked "get token" it used that browser to go to eBay, then my site. I've even tried this with two browsers up in the admin panel to see if I do save after going through the steps if it may work. No luck.

Any ideas? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.