Sign in to follow this  
Gino

Automatically assign ASIN / ISBN - Search

I am currently trying to automatically assign ASIN / ISBN for about 2000 products.

However what I want to do is instead of search by product name, I want it to search an attribute I have set: Amazon_SKU as this has the Stock Code used, for example if I search this stock code to manually assign I can easily find the product & ASIN / ISBN on amazon but just searching the product name option does not find these as the stock code is not within the product title...

Is this possible? if not does anyone know how I could batch search amazon to match stock codes / ASIN?

Thank you for your time.

The setting you want to implement will not work as the title of the product can't contain Stock Code and when you set an attribute that contain code the system is searching whether the product with this title (name) exists. The title has a product name and the setting should contain proper value. You managed to find the product by this code manually because when you past the value of the code in the field the product is searched by all the product data -  tittle, UPC, ASIN etc. What you should do is to specify this attribute for search settings in the fields UPC/EAN, ASIN/ISBN which are in the Identifiers Settings section.

Thank You for your response J.B, I decided to do it manually in the end, 3 days and 2000 products later its how I want it, just glad I don't have to do that again ;)