love2sell

Qty is zero but still listed on amazon and ebay

Hi all,

Not sure if anybody knows or cares to respond but I will hope for the best. Does anybody know why when qty is 0 on a item, it can still be sold on ebay or amazon?

It means my qty on a particular item is now -1 once a sale goes throughand i cannot ship to the customer. This has happened numerous amount of times, messing up my matrix on amazon and rating on ebay.

Edited by love2sell

Hi, 

I think support only leave a reply of your paying, as I have left a few posts on here but have not been given a response. 

I found a solution to my issue. It was the settings. I needed to set the door inventory to no backorders and it seems to be fine. 

Enabled backorders option is only one of the reason why product which is out of stock in magento remains on the marketplaces. There are still many others. Another setting that worth to be checked is stop rules you set in synchronization policy to make sure that everything is set up correctly.  Also, you'd better make sure that all items in a listing uses the same listing settings. You can review what settings are set for each item in a 'settings' listing view mode. It may occur that for some of the products may be used custom settings. In case your magento products are updating using an external tool or CVS file you may face with a problem when m2e extension will not be able to detect changes and as a result to trigger product updates on channels. In this article a good explanation of what to do in such cases https://docs.m2epro.com/display/BestPractice/Programmatic+Possibilities+to+work+with+Extension. And also one of the most important thing is max execution time value set on your hosting. If this value is too low the synchronization may fail to process all necessary tasks to update products. Minimal value that should be configured is 360sec. However, it is very often when this is not enough since there are many products that should be updated. Then it should be increased until everything works properly.

Hi Victoria, 

Thanks for getting back to me.. 

It seems to be ok now since the no backorder settings. I had already configured the  correct settings and the only issue was no backorder.