Sign in to follow this  
Bazmcc

Issues with ebay users having business names in brackets?

I've had several issues in the last 2-3 weeks where my customers names aren't being imported correctly from ebay if they have a business name in brackets in their name field.

Example:  'Andrew Smith (acme rockets)' is imported into magento as 'Andrew Rockets)'

I'm not sure if it's a new thing ebay has started doing or if it's a bug in the latest m2epro.  My magento version is 2.3.3

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

Yes, it has always been like this, it just puts the first word in the firstname box, last word in the surname box, everything else shoved in middle name.

The problem then is, if you have an integration with a shipping provider you end up with labels with this nonsense on. 

Surely this is a very very basic parsing error and would take a matter of minutes to fix?

I didn't notice it previously but i thought it was something to do with our latest upgrades.

I have this issue too. Anything except the first and last words get plonked into the middle name field which is then ignored. In my case I use Royal mail click and drop but I imagine it's the same with most couriers. 

Not only company names that are a problem, but the occasional customer who puts the first line of their address in the name name box in ebay. So something like "1 Acacia Avenue" becomes "1 Avenue"

Anyone have an easy or simple fix? M2E Pro weren't that interested when I reported it as they said it was intended behaviour and not a bug

Hi there!

It's not M2E Pro but Magento problem, my dev was able to fix it for me. Now all the middle name part is just added to the first name field