Sign in to follow this  
manolinda

How to rename "M2E Pro Payment" to "eBay Payment"?

Is there any posibility to rename the payment method "M2E Pro Payment"? We are printing the payment method on our pdf invoices and our clients obviously do not understand that payment method term.

You can't change payment method. It is used by default for creation of magento order. You can still try to edit in the converted invoice.

I was thinking about including another switch case in the pdf invoice template, but than I thought it would be even better to differ between "ebay payment by paypal" and for example "ebay payment through wire transfer". I did not yet find the time to look into the objects and if this info can be found in there, but I will let the community about it asap.

Alright if someone else is having the same problem, I came up with this solution. I am using SNM PDFprint:

{{if helper.eq(payment_method,'m2epropayment')}}
Ebay Transaktion{{else}}{{var order.getPayment().getMethodInstance().getTitle()}}{{/if}}

However instead of just saying "ebay transaction" I also would like to tell if it was paid using paypal or bank transfer, but I still have no solution for that.

We researched the same question some time ago. From the response that M2E developers provided, we learnt that the original payment_method is stored in the additional data of the getInfoInstance() of the method getMethodInstance(). You will find a serialized array in the additional data field which you will have to unserialize to retrieve the key. 

This change will simply replace the default title to a different one. You will just rename the payment method that M2E Pro uses. The change can be the solution in your case, though, if you need a particular method title to be displayed. 

On 12.5.2017 at 9:38 AM, sv3n said:

Can't you change this from Admin -> Config -> Sales -> Payment methods?

m2e_payment_label.PNG

This option does not exist anymore in Magento 2, so I had to go the alternative way or did I miss something?

:) Many thanks to PP for the unserialize hint, but sadly did not yet have time to realize it :S

On 6/12/2017 at 7:10 PM, manolinda said:

This option does not exist anymore in Magento 2, so I had to go the alternative way or did I miss something?

:) Many thanks to PP for the unserialize hint, but sadly did not yet have time to realize it :S

This option is present in Magento 2.

Screenshot (24).png