manolinda

How to pause ebay synchronization securely?

I need to clean up my product catalog as Magento prodcued duplicated entries. I need to delete all products and afterward reimport them. So I need to pause the ebay synchronization, for half an hour. Under "ebay Integration" -> "Configuration" -> "Synchronization" I am able to stop listing synchronization, but not stop order synchronization. SO I guess I have to do it at night so nobody places an order or is there a cleaner or better way?

You can disable listing synchronization under Synchronization tab. It will stop automatic product synchronization. But I would recommend you to be very careful regarding removing products from magento that are added to m2e pro listing. This may brake connection between magento product and item you list via m2e. Make sure that all IDs that are represented in the listings remain in magento catalog with initial configurations.
To prevent order synchronization you can disable magento order creation in account settings (orders tab). It will let to stop magento order creation but orders will keep being imported into Sales tab from market places.

Yes, thank you for your responses JB. I also noted the problem with the prduct ID before I made the mistake to delete the catalogue and set it up newly. But in my eyes this is also a big mistake by m2epro, because as I understand from Magento dev docs third party extensions always should rely solely on the sku and the product id is solely for Magento internal purposes.