jscheyrer

Variational article trouble

Hi dear Community,

I am having a really hard time getting M2E to list variational Magento articles on Amazon. We sell LED and want to make different Packsizes so we can offer customers less shipping and a small cost reduction if they buy more than just 1. Here is an example: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08JCXG32S?ref=myi_title_dp

We have an attribute that maps to "numberofitems" that we use as "color" because M2E does not offer the correct variation scheme. According to Amazon there should be color, size, colorsize and watt but M2E only has Color on offer. No too bothered about this but the real problem is when we try to list an article it usually always says:

Error
Value "0", that were sent for the Specific "NumberOfItems", is invalid. Please, enter a valid value and try again.
Error
The value "0" set for one of the specifics cannot be used because valid value starts from "1" and more. Please, set the correct value and try again.

Number of Items is not actually a required field in the LED Amazon article group. I cannot enter any number even if I wanted because this being the value that is used as basis for the variation magento blocks this field out, which makes sense in the parent article as only the child articles should have a value. I am at my wits end and have been trying everything I can think of why this worked exactly once in the linked article but not on the other 5 I have tried it on afterwards. Please help if you have any idea why this happens!

Initially I wanted to just relink our current single produkt articles into the new parent product. But it seems amazon does not let this happens. So we deleted the original products and are trying to list them new at the same time as listing the parent products. This worked once but not after that... I have no big problem if I were to fuse the products together in sellercentral but when I tried this approach I was unable to link that article with a Magento Parent article, which my boss REALLY wants!

Just in case anyone runs into this problem: The thing is that the "NumberOfItems" can be skipped but cannot be sent to be 0. As Magento does not allow entering something into this field with the above configuration that is what happens. There are 2 ways of getting around this: 1. before making a variational article add a number into the field that will later be used and save. That way even if the field is later not usable it still has a value and this stops the error from occuring. 2. set your description policy to NOT transfer this value. It will still be automatically be used for the variational product in the "color" field but will not appear in the "number of items" field...