Sign in to follow this  
manolinda

Variation article does not get listed because of too many images

I just ran into an error and do not know how to go about it yet. I am trying to list an article with 104 variations, each variation has at least one image and at most three. But it does not allow me to list this article on ebay and gives the follwing error " Sie haben mehr Bilder als die zulässige Anzahl eingegeben." (You have more images than the allowed amount). Is this a configuration problem? I listed another article with about 40 variations and just one image for each variation succesfully. In the ebay help center it just says a maximum of 250 variations and up to 12 images for each variation.

I have smallen the variation article down to 26 variations and deleted the additional images of each variation. So the main product has only one image and each variation also has only one image assigned to it. But the error mentioned above still persists. I also tried to reduce the image count of variations in the image and desciption policy, but that also did not change anything. Last thing I can imagine and the only difference to my other variation listings, is that I am using the same image for some variations, I am going to change this today and report.

This is driving me so crazy, I deleted the additional images and assigned a unique base image to each variation (because M2 is somehow buggy at handling the same image for multiple skus) and the variation article got listed partly, but threw out another error " The Variation data of the Product (e.g. Variation Titles, Variational Attribute) must be changed before it can be updated on the channel. The Variation Titles/Options may not correspond with the original values, or may not meet the channel requirements (e.g. Title length). " Because of this error I stopped the listing, deleted it completely from m2epro to readd it again newly afterwards. Maybe the system got confused with variations or sonething I thought. And what do you think happend now? I am back at the problem from the first start, item does not get listed and it gives me the same "too many images" error again. I really do not know what to do next. :S