Sign in to follow this  
Osg

How to overwrite default invoice PDF which is sent to Amazon

Hello,

I have a Magento2 with the M2E extension running to manage Amazon products and orders.

Currently the system automatically uploads the PDF invoice to Amazon. But it is the default one. I am using another module to create invoice PDF. This is working everywhere in Magento but not in M2E.

I already found the file, where the pdf render function is called in m2e but passing my own PDF file stream string instead fails without an error. (Model/Cron/Task/Amazon/Order/SendInvoice.php line241)

It only displays that the merchant did not upload a PDF in the amazon administration.

As this code is called from the cron it is hard to debug and find out what is wrong.

Also I always have to wait for the next order to check if this is working.

Has anybody done this before? 

Thanks in advance 

Okay, I have an update - in case someone is interested and I manage to solve this, it is possible to see my steps for the progress:

I used a custom module with a plugin to override the magento model which initiates the pdf:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:ObjectManager/etc/config.xsd">
    <type name="Magento\Sales\Model\Order\Pdf\Invoice">
        <plugin name="overwrite_m2e_amazon_order_pdfinvoice" type="MyVendor\MyModule\Plugin\Model\Order\PdfInvoice" />
    </type>
</config>

This is working great. I tested this by creating a class which is calling the invoice pdf in exact the same way, M2e is doing this in vendor/m2epro/magento2-extension/Model/Cron/Task/Amazon/Order/SendInvoice.php on line 245 - 253.
With my plugin, the desired PDF is created. Without the plugin, the old magento default PDF is created.

If I know upload this and check what M2e is doing in the situation of creating a new invoice, I see the following error message:

Invoice #xxxxxxx was not sent. Reason: Please provide metadata:totalamount,metadata:totalvatamount

And this is very confusing. 
I did not found any ocurrency of this metadata anywhere in the m2e code. Furthemore, I did not change anything other than replacing the method for rendering the pdf.