orcaweb

New eBay Categories

eBay recently overhauled its Business & Industrial category architecture. Does all of this need to be manually changed in m2e via the Configuration > Categories in Use section, or is there a way to implement all of the revisions on the back end?

I should add - we know where to make the changes to the categories and even update/resync with eBay to determine whether any categories have been removed, but none of the updates show up. Is it possible that m2E is not yet reading the newest category information from eBay?

Looks like there were also recent changes to the e “Musical Instruments and Gear” sub categories. Refreshing the eBay site marketdata in Configuration doesn't import the new categories. Cannot revise listings or add to certain categories without getting a "The category is not valid, select another category." It's like these new subcategories are invisible to M2E.

@a.belokon Is this related to the above mentioned API issue?

M2E please replay beacuse a lot of your module user are unable to list products - we have almost 300 products that are unlisted due to that error and as Iv2fly mentioned we are paying for unworking solution!

I had the same kind of problems with updating eBay categories due to which I could not relist items. To my request regarding this issue I received the answer that the problem was caused by the eBay API that didn't send the information about updated categories to server. On their end, eBay confirmed the glitch in the system. At last, it was finally resolved in a couple of weeks after which M2E Pro were able to update their eBay data in the system.

There is not supposed to be any problems with eBay categories. Did you try to update eBay sites by going to sell on eBay - configurations - ebay sites - click Update all now button? It is important to do that from time to time to get all updates on eBay market places.