Ryan

Gauranteed Delivery Program Requirements - Using Rate Tables

eBay's new Guaranteed Delivery program requires sellers to use the rate tables configured on their site.

However, I can't select any of the specific rate tables created under my eBay seller account from within the M2E Shipping Policies. I can only set "Use eBay Shipping Rate Table" to Yes. But this isn't helpful and I still have to set specific rates in addition to this, which doesn't make any sense to me.

This program launches on the 19th. If I bulk edit my listings on eBay to use these rate tables, isn't M2E just going to override that? And if not, I can't list new items through M2E using these new rate tables.

The tool tip on this field says "You can set up Shipping Rate Tables in eBay to set the amount you charge for postage by delivery method and destination and use them in your M2E Pro Listings. Shipping Rate Tables are set up directly on eBay, not in M2E Pro. To set up or edit Shipping Rate Tables, Log in to your Seller Account on eBay."  

So it makes sense that we'd have to set those tables up directly in eBay.  But then how are we supposed to associate those tables with specific M2e shipping policies so that we can assign different rate tables to different listings?  

I've never used rate tables for eBay since I've always done free shipping.  But now with eBay's new Guaranteed Delivery program, this is going to definitely be a big requirement for me, so I'd really like to know the answer to this also!

I use the rate tables in ebay to add extra shipping charges to U.S. territories. I have not opted in to the GDP yet. If you use the Promotional Shipping and its set to Free, the Free shipping will over-ride your domestic rate tables unfortunately. 

I just got this response from M2e Support:

Unfortunately, currently, the option to choose between several eBay Shipping Rate Tables is not available within M2E Pro configurations.

This is a new feature recently announced by eBay and I would like to let you know, that our developers are working on implementing this functionality.

It should be available in the next version of M2E Pro, which is planned to be released within the next 3-4 weeks. 

Is M2E going to tag Guarantee shipment orders somehow once they come into Magento, similar to Prime orders in Amazon, so we know which orders need to be guaranteed?

EK_luke - my understanding is that when you opt-in to Guaranteed Delivery, it's all-or-nothing.  You can apply different rate tables to different listings, but every order on your eBay account would be GD.  For now, I'm using eBay's File Exchange to attach the correct rate tables to the correct listings.  Even eBay doesn't quite have their API working correctly for multiple rate tables yet.  I'm guessing that's why M2e hasn't given a fix for this yet since they use the same APIs.  I found a posting on one of eBay's developer where an eBay developer gave a hack for File Exchange that gets it to work for now until the API is fixed.  LMK if you want the file format.

I also asked M2E support team whether they have a solution. They told me that this version will become available in some weeks. As I understood, it will be possible to apply new eBay Rate tables to your listings.

• Like 1

Was this update ever implemented? I checked the changelogs for M2E since the last comment in December 2017 and don't see anything that seems to indicate this was updated. I'm running 6.4.13 and don't see any option to select a specific table.