kezers

Attribute Quantity for Ebay

Hello, I'm using Magento 1. due to stupid limitations from ebay, I created a new attribute "Quantity ebay" who I would to use as "limit" of the items to listing on ebay and I configured the policy on my ebay listing to use it: http://snpy.in/9KzfMU

This work perfectly, the problem is: when one item is sold, M2E decrease the quantity on the field "Quantity ebay", there is a way to avoid it?

Thank you in advance! A virtual beer for the fastest answer :)

Kezers, if I understood you correctly, you want to limit the amount of Stock you list on eBay. Is that right? If yes, you can enable either Quantity Percentage or Conditional Quantity. You will be able to choose Minimum and Maximum Quantity to Be Listed. Here are the screenshot and a link to find more information.

You can also enable the option Conditional Revise QTY in your Synchronization Policy. This will give you an opportunity to revise Quantity only if it is less than, for example, 5 (not every time your Item sells).

QTY.png

Hello Neutrino, thank you for your answer.

No, you didn't understood. I don't want to use this function, I would to decide the *exact* quantity of item to sell for each product I have and this quantity should never change on ebay also if the item is sold. To do this I created the attribute "Ebay quantity" who is the *exact* quantity I would to sell and who I never would be decreased by M2E Pro after a selling. I hope now it is ore clear :)

Kezers, thanks for the explanation)
In this case, you can disable Quantity Revise in your Synchronization Policy. But you should be very careful because it will be necessary to prevent overselling on your own.

Hello neutrino,

thank you for your reply. I'm not sure "Quantity Revise" match our needs. Can you explain me how "Quantity Revise" work? I mean, which direction? From ebay orders to decrease Magento stock, from Magento Stock to update items quantity on ebay or both?

Don't worry about overselling. We are a production company, we don't have anything on stock, so we would use the new attribute "Ebay quantity" to decide for each sku how many items to sell. So we expect M2E Pro use this field to update ebay, but from the order side we would avoid an order can decrease this field.

Is it possible? How?

If Quantity Revise is enabled, Magento Stock will be decreased, and when Magento Inventory is changed, it will be also updated on eBay. So you are absolutely right, it works in two directions. I am trying to find the most appropriate way for you... Let me think.

Kezers, sorry for not replying so long, I was offline...

Well, what about trying to set a Custom Value for QTY (in Quantity&Duration block)?

As far as I know, the quantity should not be reduced.

Hello neutrino,

this is the first thing I tried http://snpy.in/F6mnpX but when an order is placed on Ebay, M2E Pro decrease this quantity too.

At the moment I solved creating a second field "ebay quantity origin" who a cron script copy every hour in the field "ebay quantity".

But I don't like so much this solution.

Do you have some other ideas?

Hi Kezers,

I meant setting a Custom Value in the Policy, not an Attribute. As far as I know, this value must remain constant. Maybe, it is possible to try this option?

I am not sure the script is a good solution. I am still thinking about your question, it's on my mindo.O

Yes, it will be the same for all Products you apply your Policy to. At the same time, you can assign different Policies to different Products or (even better) group these Products into separate Listings according to the common parameters.

Well, I believe, that using Custom Value in the Policy will be helpful. Please, write me back, I am interested whether this option meets your needs)