GrahamWharton

Importing orders from ebay - wrong Region is imported on address.

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed the following behaviour in M2ePro 1.3.3

Import order from ebay where order country is set to a country that requires state/region in Magento (i.e has a drop down list of regions) and the ebay order does not have the region set, or the region does not match one of the items on the Magento drop down list.

The order will be imported, but M2ePro will silently set the region on the order to be the first region on the Magento list regardless of whether it is right or not.

Quite a few of the countries that have preset regions, dont actually use them anymore and are rarely entered by users, therefore for all of these items the region is incorrectly set by M2ePro.

The countries affected by this are

• USA
  • Canada
  • Germany
  • Austria
  • Switzerland
  • Spain
  • France
  • Romania
  • Finland
  • Estonia
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Brazil
  • Croatia
  • India

This has resulted in several packages of mine going missing. I noticed as I had several packages destined for Spain that all went missing, and then I noticed that the address had incorrectly had "A Coruña" added to the shipping address.

I checked the M2ePro code and traced it, and it looks like for eBay orders it is done on purpose. For Amazon orders in M2ePro if the region is not set and is required, the order is not created, but for ebay it just silently sets it to the first region and creates it.

I wrote an addon module that overrides this behaviour and if it finds the region is not set but is required it refuses to create the order, and it then logs a critical notification so the Magento operator is alerted to the fact that they need to go in and set the region manually in order to create magento order.

I wonder how many people are sending orders out to the wrong address because of this.