Sign in to follow this  
Darren

Magento 2.2.6 Quantities not being updated

Recommended Posts

I have Magento 2.2.6 (but have also tried 2.2.5) and M2epro 1.3.5.

When an ebay sale completes the stock quantity does not get updated in Magento, has anyone else had this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out that Magento 2.2.5 has moved or removed the Webapi\SubmitObserver. An out-of-date payment gateway that used this observer was the culprit, but why that stopped M2epro from updating the quantity I have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 3:55 PM, Darren said:

I have Magento 2.2.6 (but have also tried 2.2.5) and M2epro 1.3.5.

When an ebay sale completes the stock quantity does not get updated in Magento, has anyone else had this problem?

Hi there,

have you got any update on this? Supports says I should check with my developer however there hasn't been any change expect an upgrade to M2.2.5 and M2E 1.3.5....Besides Amazon works as desired. Interestingly only qty is not updated; the product runs out of stock as supposed to be (if there was only one left).

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a fundamental change in the way Magento 2.2.4 & 2.2.5 onward work.

Observers run custom code in response to a specific Magento events, for example when an order is placed. The observers were changed in 2.2.5 and many out-of-date extensions fail. It seems the problem is that when the observer is triggered an error will prevent other events from happening after. In my case an out -of-date payment extension was causing an error that prevented m2epro from completing the quantity update.

Check every extension you have added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2018 at 10:32 PM, Darren said:

There is a fundamental change in the way Magento 2.2.4 & 2.2.5 onward work.

Observers run custom code in response to a specific Magento events, for example when an order is placed. The observers were changed in 2.2.5 and many out-of-date extensions fail. It seems the problem is that when the observer is triggered an error will prevent other events from happening after. In my case an out -of-date payment extension was causing an error that prevented m2epro from completing the quantity update.

Check every extension you have added.

Hi Darren,

thanks for your update; I already deactivated or have even deleted additional payment extensions...I still get the Exception Info:

Type: Magento\Framework\Exception\LocalizedException
File: /html/magento2/vendor/magento/module-quote/Model/Quote/Item/CartItemPersister.php
Line: 81

Frankly spoken I have no clue how to identify potential other extension.

M2E support also argued in that direction, however for Amazon orders it do work! ...only for eBay orders that issue persists.

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it is difficult, Magento is a very complex package and it is difficult to find support.

It is a high probability that one of your extensions (any of them, not just payment ones) are causing an issue, it could be something you wouldn't imagine would cause a problem such as a blog extension or even an extension supplied as part of a theme.

Ultimately what you may have to do is take a full backup and re-install Magento, by which I mean creating a fresh magento directory on your web server by either downloading the package or using composer. then copying your env.php and media files and any locally created themes, to the fresh copy so that it uses your existing data and running the setup:upgrade to ensure that the database is up-to-date.

Then adding M2EPro. If that works OK, you can then start adding other extensions one by one until something breaks.

I have taken to having a complete duplicate set-up that I can test things on. I have been using Magento from the first release and have struggled with it ever since, despite being a technical person who has experience with managing web servers and some PHP development.

Note, one thing that will trip you up when making changes to Magento is that if you have php-opcache then you will need to restart Apache or php-fpm if you use Nginx to clear the php cache of pre-parsed php files.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 12:19 AM, Darren said:

Unfortunately it is difficult, Magento is a very complex package and it is difficult to find support.

It is a high probability that one of your extensions (any of them, not just payment ones) are causing an issue, it could be something you wouldn't imagine would cause a problem such as a blog extension or even an extension supplied as part of a theme.

Ultimately what you may have to do is take a full backup and re-install Magento, by which I mean creating a fresh magento directory on your web server by either downloading the package or using composer. then copying your env.php and media files and any locally created themes, to the fresh copy so that it uses your existing data and running the setup:upgrade to ensure that the database is up-to-date.

Then adding M2EPro. If that works OK, you can then start adding other extensions one by one until something breaks.

I have taken to having a complete duplicate set-up that I can test things on. I have been using Magento from the first release and have struggled with it ever since, despite being a technical person who has experience with managing web servers and some PHP development.

Note, one thing that will trip you up when making changes to Magento is that if you have php-opcache then you will need to restart Apache or php-fpm if you use Nginx to clear the php cache of pre-parsed php files.

Thanks for your detailed feedback...let's see whether we eventually can spend so much time on that. Still wondering why only eBay doesn't work...

Have a nice day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this