kdrogers

"The category is not valid, select another category" error message

Looks like Ebay recently made changes in the “Musical Instruments and Gear” sub categories. Can’t revise existing listings or create new listings in certain categories without receiving “The category is not valid, select another category” error message. Updated the eBay site (below) to refresh the categories list, but to no avail. The new sub categories do not populate in M2E!

Sell On eBay > Configuration > eBay Sites > Configuration > Marketplaces > Update Now

Has anyone seen this before or experiencing a similar error?

I just started receiving “The category is not valid, select another category” error message for all the eBay Motors categories. I made sure our site is updated to the latest version of M2E, ran the configuration updates, and resynched. I even went into the products to see if maybe eBay had deleted the category. It's still able to be selected so I don't know what else I can possibly try.

The problem is caused by the recent category structure update on eBay. It's been impossible to receive the updated eBay category layout as eBay API keeps returning old category information to the request. M2E Pro team submitted a request to the technical support of eBay regarding to categories update issue and are expecting a response as to ways of resolution from them. As soon as the eBay API configurations are fixed the new eBay categories will become available within m2e pro.

@Merance The workaround I used when I had this issue was to create the listing in M2E in a category that still existed in both M2E and Ebay. Then I went to Ebay web admin and manually updated the listing's category there. Obviously this sucks if you have a large volume of listings to manage, but works in a pinch.

Once M2E started importing the categories properly, I believe I had to reset the category in M2E for those listings (to get everything synced up).