myorkgitis

Incorrect stock quantities for items in eBay listings causing relisting

Hello,

We are having an issue with our Magento where items on M2E eBay listings are increasing their stock levels on their own, typically after a sale, causing the item to relist. I have installed an admin action log tracker to confirm that another admin is not manually changing the stock levels.

Here is the log for the item in the listing.

M2E eBay listing log.png

Here is the log for the order

M2E Order log.png

The eBay orders that seem to cause problems are the ones where payment was not required immediately, Best Offer and Auction listings.

Based on my analysis, it appears the item was purchased at 4:13:28 PM, causing the listing status to go to "Sold", and the inventory being reduced to 0. Then 2 seconds later, the order is created in magento, and the quantity is automatically changed from 2 to 1, causing the item to relist.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on??

Thanks for your help!

We are running Magento 1.9.2.2 and M2E version 6.4.0

I use TradeGecko to manage stock for products in my magento catalogue. Maybe your stock is managed by third tool like this. You should check this or ask your developers whether they make changes in inventory. M2E only tracks product data and does not have any affect on its value.

If you do not want Relist items after product sold or stopped you can switch off option that run auto relist action in Relist  rules in Synchronization Policy.

We are experiencing the same issue, we have tried adjusting the Sync parameters to stop items being relisted after being sold, however this has no effect.

It would seem this is rather a bug than a localized issue?

I have this problem also. I am very disappointed that m2e is not interested in resolving this problem which has existed for over a year. When I have asked for support I have been told they could find no problem. This has cost me hundreds of hours doing inventory and attempting to troubleshoot and get support. It has cost me hundreds of dollars in lost sales and selling fee discounts. It has significantly affected my reputation on ebay due to order cancellation of out of stock items. And m2e doesn't seem to care. If I cannot resolve this soon I will find another solution. 

Edited by m2euser

It seems that you guys have incorrect settings providing in synchronization policy. I'd advise you to check following: stop rules - here you specify when product should be stopped (for example when product become out of stock); relist rRules should be disabled in case you do not want product been relisted when stock was updated to available. Also you should make sure that correct synchronization settings are used for listing. There are some reasons when product qty is not updated and as a result rules are not applied for item. One of them if  you use side tools for managing inventory in magento as such extension may override standard magento functionality due to which product changes simply are not detected by m2e. I am sure there is a resolution described for such cases in docs.

1) my synchronization policy is set to not relist when the item is Out of Stock. I only have single, individual items. I do not change the In Stock option, and it is correctly changed to Out of Stock and not changed back to In Stock in every case. Items are sometimes relisted automatically anyway. Stop policy is set to stop the item when QTY is 0. However the QTY is automatically changed back to 1. The automatic process that messes up my inventory takes a day or 2, and it messes things up often enough to have affected my seller performance on eBay. m2e support is unhelpful on the matter.

2) I do not use any other inventory management tools. This is entirely an m2e problem. 

So according to the clarification of an issue you are having problems not with synchronization policy but with magento stock that goes back to in stock after the last product has been purchased. Since you do not use any tool for invetory managment there is only one possible reason that crossed my mind. For how many days did you set up the product reservation untill the magento order is created? And what rules for magento order creation have you specified in account configurations - Create magento order when check out is complited or something? If you have product reservation set up for one day and create magento order when, for example, payment is received which may take longer than one day it may lead to the behaviour you have described. So, order comes from eBay and stay reserved for one day. After one day passed the product is released and as a result its stock updated to in stock. And before the payment is received and based on this rule magento order is created the product may be purchased by another customer. Check your settings in account configurations and if it looks like I think just change the terms of product reservation for longer period or set up to make magento order immidiately.