Sign in to follow this  
Gardinia

SKU has technical conflict with data of Amazon Catalog

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to advise, I'm currently listing a configurable product with colour variations. The Brown, White and Caramel variations have listed on Amazon ok, however for the Black variation i get the following error:

The Description data provided for current SKU has technical conflict with data of Amazon Catalog for the Product with ASIN/ISBN B01GK6ZMT6. The following is the values that are conflicting: color (Merchant: 'Black' / Amazon: 'Brown'). If your product corresponds to this ASIN/ISBN, please modify your data to reflect the Amazon Catalog values. Otherwise, check that your value(s) for standard_product_id are correct.

It looks like M2E is trying to map our Black variation to a Brown variation on Amazon, however it shouldn't be as its set to create a "New ASIN/ISBN" and has its own unique barcode.

Can anyone advise on what might be going wrong?

Thank you.

amazon.png

Edited by Gardinia

Hi

Usually, such messages as 'The Description data provided for current SKU has technical conflict with data of Amazon Catalog for the Product with ASIN/ISBN...' are returned by Amazon if the Item is found in Amazon catalog (by SKU, EAN, etc). Amazon will not allow creating new ASIN if the product is found as already listed. 

It seems the product you are trying to list is already present on the channel, but it has a different color value. You are listing Black color while this item is listed as Brown color on Amazon.  

If you want to create a new ASIN for this product, you must ensure that the product data (EAN, SKU) is unique and not available in Amazon catalog yet. Or, you can edit your Magento product data to assign the product to the recommended ASIN. 

M2E also offers a way to modify or generate new SKU for the item you are listing. You could try to use this option in the selling settings. 

• Upvote 1

I found the problem in this particular case, someone had duplicated the brown product to create the black product and never changed the products barcode, so the barcode assigned to the black product was the same as the brown product.

I assigned the correct barcode and everything then listed correctly on Amazon.

Thank you for the reply.

Edited by Gardinia